Weds - After work, moved the Leaf pile from the garden space to in front of the compost bins intending to grind them down with the mower. Fueled it up, gave a couple of pulls on the pull cord which then came off in my hand, Bah humbug. So, adding 'repair mower' to list of things to do Monday and/or Tuesday (my Saturday and Sunday). Then moved some more soil from paths to beds, 4th bed is in position.
Thursday - Weather turned cold over night, woke to temperatures in the high 20's and pea soup fog. I figured the weather would get cold again, brr.
Got to wondering how warm the soil in the beds was, so stuck a thermometer through the cardboard covering one of the beds. Got a reading of 55F, so need to get the watering system in, so I can get planting. Haven't had water in the yard for a couple years after re-plumbing from the meter to the house because of a leak(s) some where in lines.
Friday - Rebuilt part of the compost bin as the old one was in BAD shape, it was left over from the last attempt at gardening, over 10 years ago. The pallets were rotting and coming apart. New pallets are larger so should work better, as I have noticed that the compost cools off quickly.