Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Another Busy Weekend
Sunday - Planted a trio of basil seed this evening after reading this blog and they are poking their little green heads out of the soil already.
Monday - Finished the main waterline on Monday ( I thought) and assembled the valve manifold. Then had to dig up the supply valve to replace a broken pipe. That finished off Monday.
Tuesday - Spent the morning at the dentist getting a toothache taken care of. In the afternoon finished up the water line. When I finally got water, I spread the compost piles out, watered them, spread some waste animal feed(nitrogen source) and re-piled them. Later that evening I did a few of Granny's napkin seed mats (two each of two varieties of beets and one of lettuce ).
Wednesday - Had to dig up the supply line, forgot to glue the pipes together (I suffer with C.R.S.,can't remember stuff). Then put together the piping for one of the beds. This system is based on this Video(not the one I wanted, couldn't find the right one, but this one is the same idea). The pipes are 16 inches apart, as you can see I need to box the beds which are supposed to be 4ft across.
Checked the compost piles, boy were they HOT, so the feed must have been what they needed.