Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Over the river and across town to Granny's we go

Spent the morning to doing things that have been ignored for awhile. Then the wife and I went to visit Annie's Granny. Swapped a few seeds and tales of gardening over a sandwich that included the last of her Arizona lettuce.
After we got home, I drilled holes in the pipes of bed #1, 9/64s inch about 4 inches apart. All the beds have their pipes connected to the main, all they needs are holes.
Yesterday, number one son helped in the garden, picking up the stones out of the pathways, then spread some wood chips on the pathway beside bed #1 (picture to follow).
Also turned 2 of the compost piles as they were cold. This evening they had warmed up , the older to 100F and the newer to 140F. I didn't add any greens to the older pile which is probably the reason it hasn't heated up as high/fast.

3 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

And an enjoyable visit it was! It will be fun to watch each other's gardens grow.

Caffeinated Mom said...

I finally found time to peruse your blog (SHOULD be working, but...). What a great set up! I can't wait to watch as your veggies progress. And I'm glad I helped to inspire some basil! It looks like all my transplants bit the dust, so I'll be direct sowing more and starting more seeds inside. Something just HAS to work. I don't think I can make it without basil!

Kelly said...

I wanted to stop by and say hello after I saw you listed under my followers. Then I got a chuckle when I saw your name, as I had just read of your visit with AG. I look forward to checking out your blog....happy gardening!! :)