Friday - Replanted the cabbage in to bigger paper pots tonight.
Saturday - I finished drilling the holes in the pipes of bed number 1 tonight, Yay. BUT when I turned on the water ,major fail, the supply end of the bed was washing away while the far end of the middle pipe had no water. I'm thinking that I can remove the half of the pipe closest to the supply pipe and replace them with pipes from another beds with smaller and fewer holes drilled in them.
Sunday - Spread wood chips on the paths this evening, used all the chips on hand, still have 40 foot of path to do. Put some broccoli seed to spout.
Monday - Number 1 son and I got another load of wood chips this morning. While he spread them on the remaining paths I planted the mats I had made up. Hint - have plenty of stones on hand if the wind is blowing. Now have onions, turnips, swiss chard, two types of beets, two type of carrots, spinach and lettuce in the ground. Also planted the cabbage, hope they do O.K.. Then spread some compost on bed #1. Cut the bottoms out of some milk jugs to put over the cabbage as it still gets down to mid 30s at night. Was going to plant peas but decided to soak them first.
Tuesday - Took the wife to see Alice in Wonderland this A.M., not a bad flick. After we returned I planted the peas that I had set to soak last night. Also sowed some ground cover seed (field peas and oats) on two of the beds that will not be planted until mid May, so they can get some green manure in them and to keep the dust down. The dust get very bad here at times, and the wind NEVER blows, ask Annie's Granny. The eggplant seed I started on bits of T.P. have sent out their radicle (see last post) so will pot them up later this evening.